Educating communities. Accelerating research. Eradicating gynecologic cancers.
The Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing public awareness of gynecologic cancer risk awareness, prevention, early detection and optimal treatment.
To bring together all communities of advocates, patients, caregivers, partners and the healthcare team to eradicate or lessen the impact of gynecologic cancer. We will achieve this through research, education and public awareness.
A world where everyone has the power to impact, prevent or overcome a diagnosis of gynecologic cancer.
- Awareness: Promote public awareness of gynecologic cancer prevention, early diagnosis and optimal treatment.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Commit to cultural humility and diversity of thought and engagement.
- Education: Provide innovative education and continuous learning.
- Leadership: Set an example of integrity, quality and excellence to eradicate gynecologic cancers.
- Partnership: Support efforts of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) to eradicate gynecologic cancers.
- Research: Advance innovation and discovery to eradicate gynecologic cancers.
YOGI’S ROUTINE LEADS TO OVARIAN CANCER DISCOVERY
Earlier this year, Dorine Olive was diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer. At the age of 55, she was diagnosed with two different types of ovarian cancer, one type per ovary. Her diagnosis would have come much later had it not been for twisted lunge and bow pose during her yoga exercises.